I figured since this is all I’ve posted about today, I should, you know. Actually post it.
Welcome to the most self-indulgent thing Zee and I have ever done. There is no plot. Nothing of any substance whatsoever. It’s shallow and it’s ridiculous and we’ll be the first to admit it.
Basically, Sam’s an artist and moves to the West Coast to go to college, but bails after a couple of years because he realizes what he really likes to do is tattooing. He apprentices under a buddy of his and a few years later ends up working at this shop called Aradia. It’s owned by this guy named Lu (could be short for Lucas or Luce but no one really knows anymore—everyone calls him Lucifer), a very charming but also pretty aloof guy who has been tattooing and piercing for almost twenty-five years. Real pro, though he only take a handful of clients anymore. Most of his time these days is spent handling the business side of the shop, and casting/carving custom jewelry.
There are two other artists who work full-time at Aradia. One is a girl name Ruby around Sam’s age, whose specialty is abstract and painterly tattoos. (She also has a girlfriend named Meg who spends so much time at the shop, half the people who come in think she works there.) The other is a guy named Cas, about five years older, prickly and grumpy, but a master at black geometric tattoos and the best piercer in the shop. (He’s also into heavier mods like scarification, which he learned apprenticing under Lucifer way back in the day.)
And that’s basically it. The shop itself is on the ground floor of a two-story building built sometime in the 30’s. Lucifer owns the whole building, living upstairs and putting his workshop in the space next door. The shop is a combination of polished concrete floors and original hardwood, some exposed brick on the exterior walls. The foyer and main hall are all painted dark, dark gray, but lined with art and photographs with spotlights shining on them from the ceiling. The studios are customized by the artists themselves.
- bornunderabluemoonbaby likes this
- suchanadorer likes this
- reddladybird likes this
- theyalwaysremember likes this
- samspurpletoothbrush likes this
- coziloveyourface likes this
- there-llbepeacewhenyouaredone reblogged this from wooosterteeth
- nikkivonnekro likes this
- there-llbepeacewhenyouaredone likes this
- wooosterteeth reblogged this from luciferious
- wooosterteeth likes this
- medicatedmaniac likes this
- johnnybabechuk likes this
- meredithrules likes this
- afreckledmanandhismoose likes this
- swagztiel likes this
- luciferesque reblogged this from luciferious
- twinkifer likes this
- solongtodevotion likes this
- malwinchester likes this
- malwinchester said:Wow. I love seeing people who enjoy the work this much. I hope we get to read it. :)
- kavkakat likes this
- miztification reblogged this from luciferious
- luna-lunar likes this
- luciferious posted this