SO ALLOW ME TO TELL YOU ABOUT MY DAY.
Of the five and a half hours I’ve been awake, I spent an hour breaking up a dog fight and two hours sitting in Urgent Care.
Two of our dogs have spats from time to time. It’s nothing new. Female dogs generally don’t do very well together, and we’ve broken up fights before. But today was the first time (and we’ve had the younger of the two for four years now, mind you) they started fighting when I was home alone. And there is really no breaking up a dog fight by yourself.
So, in trying to break it up, I got caught in the crossfire. Neither of them intended to bite me, but I still got nailed a few times. I’ve got several abrasions, a few scratches, and one puncture wound that the nurse at Urgent Care had to flush out really well.
No stitches, thankfully, but I will have to change my bandages frequently and I have antibiotics to take (along with some pain meds). They also gave me a shot for pain while I was there, so I’m really not feeling much of anything right now.
One of the dogs is fine. A little banged up, and we’re keeping an eye on a spot on her neck that’s bleeding a little. The other had to go to the vet and get a couple staples and a drain put in on a bad bite on her back. But she’ll be fine, and we’ll bring her home tomorrow.
We’ll be doing our best to keep them separated in the near future until things die down and we come up with something more permanent to do.
- theyalwaysremember likes this
- sweetbot likes this
- jackspacepirate likes this
- majorashleywhitcock likes this
- luciferesque said: TELL PEOPLE YOU FOUGHT A BEAR AND WON
- sharingheaven likes this
- msbrokenbrightside said: ohgosh hkajsd I hope you and your dogs feel better soon!!
- i-see-light said: I’m sorry you got hurt Jack wehh, but you look rly cute anyways.
- malwinchester said: Yikes! Sounds like an interesting day. Get well soon! *hug*
- chromatacia likes this
- johnnybabechuk said: oh no that sucks, but i’m glad you and the dogs are okay. feel better!
- orangezest100 said: I’m glad you’re relatively okay!
- badassmccall said: Oh no! I really hope both you and your dogs get better soon!!!
- orangezest100 likes this
- luciferious posted this